How to Save a Loonie
This Year especially Canadians, are all looking for ways to Save a Loonie. It’s always a fun challenge to find creative ways to save money. But here at Canadianfreestuff.com, we provide you with ways to save money via FREE Samples, Print Coupons, Promo Codes and, of course, fun ways to win FREE items, perhaps.
Are you one of those people that have hard time-saving Money? Well, here are a few ways to start saving a loonie a day. Below you will find some creative ways to start keeping a simple dollar per day. This is a comprehensive list to help you begin to save money.
An Old Quote: Well from my dad along time ago
Save up the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
Perhaps this list can help you get started on some of the more “Standard Ways to Save Money…..
30 Ways to Save a Loonie Per Day
- Take homemade coffee to work and skip Tim Hortons drive-through
- Take your can or bottle of pop to work and skip the vending machines.
- Pack your lunch vs eating out each day.
- Find a free ebook on Amazon vs purchasing one.
- Carpool when possible
- Eat a Meatless Dinner once per week or more.
- Go to the movies on a cheap night vs opening movie night.
- Youtube on how to fix or do things before hiring out
- Cook from Scratch vs eating out as much as possible.
- Use Mail-in Rebates when you can
- Do your nails vs getting them done professionally
- Trade babysitting favours with friends or family vs hiring a sitter for a night.
- Shop for Clothing towards the end of Season for next Year
- Wash your car vs taking it to the car wash
- Menu plan your meals ahead of time.
- Avoid taking children grocery shopping
- Avoid purchasing snacks at convenience stores – your better off stopping at the grocery store for pop and chips.
- Go to Garage sales for toys and great second-hand baby & kids Clothing – books vs purchasing new.
- Purchase a water timer for watering your grass
- Only wash Clothing when you have 3/4 or more of a load.
- Only use the dishwasher your dishes when you have a full load.
- Go to Swap meets in your area for kid’s sports equipment.
- Turn your thermostat a degree lower.
- Pay your bills on time to avoid penalty fees.
- Stock up on exceptional sale items for Groceries
- Coupon when possible when buying groceries or eating out
- Run your AC only when you need to – open a window and use a fan
- Shop around for all of your insurance needs 1x per Year to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Phone your Cell Phone Company and make sure you are on the right plan for best usage of service
- Phone around for best Credit Card rates or points value
Creative Ways to Save More
Begin Today a Price Book – Knowing the price of things at the best price can easily save you more than a loonie per week – This is a great way to shave off an easy $10.00 or more off your grocery bill.
Use Cash Back Mobile Apps such as Checkout 51 or Caddle for approximately another $5.00 per month.
Make the Best Purchase once – HUH? Yes, do your best to find the perfect product for your problem. This summer, I ended up purchasing three different Harness for my dog. I should have taken him to the pet store the first time to find the best fit for a Harness that would not allow him to pull.
Use the True Dollar Stores: Dollerarama is one! Everything is $1.25 or less! Great for items like containers, Hair elastics, outdoor table cloths. Oh and Purchases Spices ( You can’t pay in any grocery store less than that even with a coupon)
Don’t buy a New Car: New Cars/Trucks lose too much value the day you remove it off the lot. Dealerships do make it easier to purchase “NEW” with incentives, but when you sit and do the math – it’s always a money saver to buy a “NEW TO YOU” car. And don’t be fooled with the 80 months or the term bi-weekly – Start adding up your payments with a total overall cost.
Cut the Cord! Go TV Free: The are so many streaming abilities to catch television shows. I am currently saving $65 per month, and once I figure out my streaming costs vs Satellite Tv. See How to Get American Netflix