I know I’ve told y’all before, but we’re big veggie eaters here in our house. We love just making up a few different veggies & having that for dinner. It’s economical, or the most part healthy & so easy to do. Plus, right now with as hot as it is, I would much rather just turn on my stovetop than have to actually turn on my oven to cook something!
These Balsamic Brown Sugar Carrots were a perfect, simple & oh so delicious veggie choice. It was a nice change from just plain carrots & the flavours had just the right amount of sweetness without making you feel like you were eating a dessert. If you’re looking for a new side dish to add to your menu, you should definitely give these a try!
Hover Over any Desired Image for Pinning it to Pinterest – or Click Here
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen carrots
- water called for on bag to steam carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Steam the carrots according to the package directions on the stove top for about half the time required (around 5 minutes depending on your package directions).
- Drain the water from the carrots. Add the butter & saute the carrots until tender – another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar & the brown sugar to the carrots, mix to coat. Serve hot.