I’ve got another great veggie side dish for you this week! When you have a 3-year old who turns her nose up at anything green, you tend to try to get creative with the vegetables and everything somehow ends up tasting like candy! But if it gets her to eat it, I’ll take it! 😉
These Candy Green Beans are a great way to dress up canned or even frozen green beans! And a great recipe to use up some of that couponing stockpile! 🙂
- 1/2 of a small sweet onion, thinly sliced, about 1/3 cup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) cut green beans, drained – you can also use frozen green beans, just let them thaw
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the 1 tablespoon of butter and the onion. Saute the onions until they turn golden brown and begin to caramelize. Add the green beans to the skillet with the onions and toss to mix.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of butter and brown sugar to the skillet. Cover and allow the butter & brown sugar to melt into a sauce, stirring occasionally. Simmer until heated through & the butter/sugar mixture is completely melted, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Possible Recipe Savings