I love asparagus! Seriously love it. Next, to corn, it is probably my favorite veggie. I do not love having to pay around $5 for a bunch though.
So whenever it goes on sale for around $2, it goes in the cart! I may not have been planning to make asparagus when I came to the store, but it’ll be added to a menu somewhere! 😉
This asparagus side dish is just such a recipe! I had no idea what I was going to do with the asparagus so I just grabbed a few things out of my pantry, mixed it together, poured it over the asparagus & let it roast! I was worried at first the flavors weren’t going to blend quite right but this turned out delicious!
So the next time you’re at the store & asparagus is on sale, grab a bunch and make yourself some Red Wine Roasted Asparagus.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or cover with foil for easier cleanup.
- Trim any tough ends off of the asparagus. Lay them in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the asparagus.
- In a small bowl, mix together the red wine vinegar, brown sugar & olive oil. Slowly pour the mixture over the asparagus.
- Roast the asparagus for 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven & gently stir the asparagus. Return to the oven and roast for an additional 10 minutes or until the asparagus is just starting to brown. You can roast it longer or shorter depending on how roasted & browned you prefer.