Fresh Vegetable Season is upon us very soon here in Canada – and you may be already eating out of your garden depending on your growing season of where you live. Asparagus Season in Ontario in May and June – so you may be already trying to eat up all of your fresh Asparagus in your garden.
I love a crispy Asparagus – I don’t like it very soggy, this is why I love this grilled recipe, as it doesn’t have a lot of cooking sauce while it cooks.
Also, you can see our Red Wine Asparagus Recipe for another option
What’s great about having a great sauce is you can add a little or a lot to your own plate – You can simply leave it to add as you please at your family dinner.
The ingredients are mostly what you will have in your seasoning cupboard or spice rack, as long as you have some Sesame Seed oil, Mayonnaise and soya sauce you will be on the roll to making this Sesame Sauce for your Asparagus.
An easy to make a recipe for a great side dish of Asparagus! Enjoy the Chinese taste for this Asian side of way of creating a great vegetable side dish.
- 2 pounds of Asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 and a 1/2 Tbsp of Sesame Oil
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Heat grill to 400 degrees, spray with non-stick spray or line with foil or if baking use 425 degrees on your oven
- Simply trim the ends from the asparagus.
- Toss your asparagus with olive oil and approximately 1 Tbsp sesame oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place asparagus on the grill for 8-10 minutes turning halfway through or If roasting spread on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While your asparagus is cooking – In a medium size, bowl mix together mayo, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder and approximately 1 tsp sesame oil. Mix with spoon until well blended.
- Remove asparagus from the grill or oven.
- Drizzle generously with sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately