I had leftover pineapple and some very ripe bananas leftover, so I went online to see if I could find a cake or bread recipe that included both of these items. I Ran into This Recipe from Examiner known as Hummingbird Cake which I adapted a bit – by reducing the sugar
Since I had “real ” pineapple,” I just threw it into my food processor until it was torn apart very well.
It is a very moist cake, and very delicious! Who doesn’t like banana Pineapple mixed?
Pineapple Banana Cake Recipe
- Yield: 12 1x
Very moist Cake, and perfect way to use up left over bananas and pineapples
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8-ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 – 4 overripe bananas, sliced
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease a 11x 13 pan
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir, then add the crushed pineapple, oil, eggs, banana slices, and vanilla. Stir Well.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes then add your favorite icing.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: English
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Icing Sugar or more depending on your taste
Mix well with a beater till blended and flavour to your liking