These Tuxedo Turnovers are probably one of the easiest sweets I’ve made! The turnovers themselves only need 3 ingredients & then if you want to add the icing to the top, you only need an additional 3 more! Plus they are perfect for when you get a sudden need for something sweet! They only take about 15 minutes from start to finish & you’ve got a delicious, chocolate filled treat!
- 1 can (4 ounces/4 rolls) crescent rolls – I used Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (or the temp called for on your crescent rolls). Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
- Place 1/4 of the chocolate chips at the wide end of each crescent roll, and gently roll it up, tucking in the corners. Place on the baking sheet, and bake according to package directions, 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, prepare the icing – combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. The icing should be thin enough to coat & run off a spoon, so add more sugar or liquid as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Generously pour the icing over hot rolls, and enjoy warm.
*I used 1/2 white chocolate chips & 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips to make the Tuxedo Turnovers. You can always just use one kind of chocolate based on what you have on hand in the turnovers