So y’all are going to love this recipe! Not only is it delicious, but it’s super frugal! I’m talking like less than $3 for the items I had to purchase! I love recipes that cost next to nothing to make!
This casserole is very moist, almost to the point of needing a fork to eat it with. It makes a great side dish for pork or chicken. But it’s also great on the side of a hot bowl of chicken soup! Add some cheese to it & it would turn into a great corn casserole. If you’re a fan of spicy, you could always add some fresh jalapenos or substitute mexi-corn (corn & peppers) for the sweet corn.
- 1 box (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole sweet kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the muffin mix, corn, creamed corn, eggs, and butter. Add sour cream and stir to combine.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake 40-50 minutes.