I’ve got another great side dish recipe for you today! Simple oven roasted brussels sprouts are dressed up with a delicious, slightly sweet, slightly tangy Honey Shallot Vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was so easy to whip up & actually ended up being more than I needed for the sprouts I roasted for just the two of us so I stored the extra in the fridge & used it the next day on a simple salad for lunch.
And if you don’t feel like turning on the oven to roast the brussels sprouts, you could always grill them up & then toss them with the dressing & I think it would be absolutely delicious!!
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts, thawed
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil + 2 tablespoons
- water as needed
- salt & pepper to season
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Mix the sprouts and 1 tablespoon olive in a small bowl. Season with salt & pepper. Lay the brussels sprouts out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast them for 25-35 minutes, or until deep brown & crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
- While the sprouts are roasting, heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Saute the shallots until caramelized.
- In a blender combine the cooked shallots, dijon mustard, honey & vinegar. Blend until combined. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil as you blend. As the vinaigrette thickens, add small amounts of water to adjust the consistency. Season with salt & pepper.
- Once the brussels sprouts are done roasting, toss with with as much or as little of the vinaigrette per your taste preference. Keep in remaining dressing in a container in the fridge.