Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Do you remember the Song from the Band Alabama called – Song of the South –
There are the words Sweet Potato Pie and I shout my mouth! For some reason when I was digging and cleaning out my fridge – I spotted my two “Sweet Potatoes” and began singing that line of all things!
It dawned on me – What is Sweet Potato Pie? and I didn’t think I’ve ever eaten it! – Let alone baked one.
A Quick Pinterest & Google Searches – and I found out its almost Pumpkin Pie – very similar ingredients – Minus the pumpkin.
So I simply used my good ole Pumpkin Pie Recipe! Print
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes ( or yams)
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Nutmeg
- 1 Cup of White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1 Frozen Pie Shell ( Tenderflake) or create your own
- Cut and boil your sweet potatoes as if your going to use them as mashed. This will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Oven will need to be preheated to 350 Degrees.
- Once Cooked and easy to stab, Drain water and grab a mixer and Mix it till smooth like mash potato add all ingredients ( nutmeg cinnamo, sugar, milk ) and mix till smooth.
- Pour your mixture into Pie Shell and place in oven for about 1 Hour and 10 minutes