So it’s summer. It’s hot. School is going to be starting back soon. If you’re anything like me, when it comes to meals & cooking, you want quick, simple & preferably something that doesn’t require heating your kitchen any more than it already is! Enter this Simple Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich. It’s a quick fix lunch or dinner that requires no cooking what so ever! How great does that sound?!? You use a rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken you might have on hand and a Caesar salad kit & you’re good to go! Mix it all & then place it between some bread, or you can fill up a tortilla to make a wrap. I did fry up some bacon to add to ours, but I used the pre-cooked, all you’ve got to do is microwave it for a few seconds kind, so it still didn’t require what I consider cooking. But adding the bacon is totally up to you! 🙂
- 1 & 1/2 cups precooked shredded chicken – I used a store bought rotisserie
- 1 bag Caesar salad kit – I used Dole Light
- 3–4 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled (optional)
- salt & pepper to season
- bread of choice
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, ingredients of the salad kit including the dressing & the bacon if using. Toss to mix well & make sure everything is coated in dressing. Season with salt & pepper.
- Place about a handful of the mixed salad & chicken on a slice of bread and then top with a second slice to make a sandwich.