I’ve got another great meatless meal for you today! We enjoy pizza in this house, but my husband is not a big fan of tomato sauce, so we are big fans of the alfredo pizzas! We are always on the hunt for new creative ways to get those pizza flavours we love!
While this wasn’t the prettiest of dishes I’ve ever made, the flavours & taste made up for it! And the best thing is it’s completely customizable! Add some meat if you’d like, switch it up to tomato sauce, whatever your heart desires!!
Spinach Alfredo Pizza BakePrint
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers & onions – I used a frozen blend
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic, divided
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rounds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish and set aside. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the onion and diced pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent and the pepper is tender. Add the spinach and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until just wilted. Stir in the drained tomatoes & Alfredo sauce. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the liquid is somewhat reduced. Remove from heat & add both kinds of cheese to the skillet and stir into the mixture. Spoon the sauce mixture into the prepared dish.
- Unroll the crescent rounds to make long breadsticks. Arrange breadsticks in a criss-cross pattern over the sauce, being sure to cover the entire dish. Sprinkle additional Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses on top if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the breadsticks are golden brown and cooked through and the filling is hot and bubbly. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
*I used crescent rounds because they were the cheapest option for a ‘breadstick’ to cover the dish. Feel free to use any type of breadstick you’d like – you might just need to adjust the cooking time.