Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is a common and inexpensive chemical compound that most of us already purchase. Still, if you are one of the people that do not have this product in your house, you should pick some up because there is a myriad of different uses for Baking soda, the list below will name off 10 of these most popular uses.
What can Baking Soda be Used for?
There are tons of uses for Baking Soda, but here are the top 10 uses for Baking Soda we have found for ourselves.
1. Baking– As indicated in its name, Baking Soda is often used in baking, it interacts with an acid and a liquid it releases carbon dioxide bubbles and acts as a leavening agent giving that is great for things like bread.
2. Odor Eliminator– Arm Hammer Baking Soda acts as a wonderful odour eliminator absorbing the lousy smell particles. Many people keep a box of baking soda in this refrigerator to stop the smells of leftovers and potent vegetables like garlic that are stored there as well. Many people also use it as an underarm deodorant, and the famous brand arm and hammer has released a line of these deodorants.
3. Mouth Wash– Along the same lines as the odour eliminating properties, many people use baking soda as a mouth wash, or as an additive to their brushing routine by adding a bit to their toothbrush along with some water.
4. Antacid– Having issues with heartburn or indigestion? Simply mix a teaspoon of Arm Hammer baking soda along with one-half the glass of water and drink it, it will help alleviate some of the symptoms such as acid reflux.
5. Stings– Baking soda helps with the itching/swelling caused by bee stings as well as drawing out the poison from jellyfish stings.
6. Skin Irritation – simply putting some baking soda in your bath water will help with any skin discomfort that you may have, it also works wonders on your child’s diaper rashes.
7. Bug Repellent– Baking Soda placed under sinks and along basement windows will help repel those nasty bugs like cockroaches and ants.
8. Low-Cost Cleaner-a very low-cost cleaner, non-toxic and green so great if you have pets and small children, you can use it to scrub your bathroom, walls, mirrors and countertops as an all-purpose cleaner, and even stainless steel.
9. Grease Cutter– Add it to your dishwater to quickly help remove grease from your pots and pans.
10. Gardening – Scatter some Arm Hammer baking soda around your garden to prevent rabbits from eating your vegetables, you can also yield a sweeter tomato by sprinkling baking soda onto the soil around your tomato plants.
So as you can see, Arm Hammer baking soda can help in many aspects of your life. A box of this stuff lasts quite a long time and is a good investment, and if you use it in these ten applications, over time will save you hundreds of dollars.
If you are looking to save money on Arm Hammer check out our Arm & Hammer Coupon page for the latest ways to save
Do you have any other ideas you use Baking Soda for? Let us know!