This is a perfect fall snack! The apple cider comes through with just the right amount of flavour, it’s not too overpowering, but not so subtle you aren’t sure what you’re eating!! 🙂 So the next time you are making yourself a glass of hot apple cider, go ahead and make up a batch of this Apple Cider Caramel Corn to go with it!!
A glass of warm apple cider gets a fun new twist!
- 2 bags microwave popcorn, popped & unpopped kernels removed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons apple cider instant drink mix, dry (one0.74 packages)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the popped popcorn into a large roaster ~ I used a foil throw away one so clean up was easy, otherwise, you will want to heavily grease your roasting pan.
- In a small pot, combine the butter, corn syrup, brown sugar & dry apple cider mix. Cook on high until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-high & let boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Drizzle the caramel over the popcorn, stirring to coat. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Break the pieces apart & serve.