Probably my all-time favourite muffin is a blueberry muffin. I love them straight out of the oven covered in melting butter. This past week fresh blueberries were on sale so I decided I was going to grab some & make me & the little some muffins for breakfast. But in my shopping list preparation, I somehow completely forgot to write down that I was out of flour!! LOL, I’m not going to get very far with those muffins now am I?? I did have a package of buttermilk biscuit mix in my pantry though so I figured what the heck, blueberry biscuits will work just as good! These are delicious little sweet treat for breakfast! They are super easy to make & a fun change of pace from a typical plain breakfast biscuit!
- 1 package (7.5 ounces) buttermilk biscuit mix – I used Bisquick
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- about 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Stir together the Bisquick, buttermilk & sugar until a soft dough forms. Gently fold in the blueberries. Scoop the dough by the large spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through & golden brown.
- While the biscuits are cooking, combine the powdered sugar and milk – use more or less milk depending on how thick on thin you want the icing to be. Drizzle over the warm biscuits.
*I typically buy that size biscuit mix at our local dollar store
- Serving Size:1 biscuit