The fall season ushers in so much warmth and color, mostly thanks to all of the leaves swirling about. This fall, why not bring those colors and even that warmth indoors with this simple dollar store project? This Easy Fall Foliage Vase is a simple and inexpensive do it yourself project that adds some instant autumn charm to your home. It only costs a couple of dollars to whip up, and even the kids can give you a hand in creating it. Take a peek at how to make your own!
Dollar Store DIY: Easy Fall Foliage Vase
- Fall-inspired placemat. Plastic works best but the cloth will work as well.
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Glass jar
We were able to find everything needed for this project at our local dollar store. You can easily save any old food jar you have for the jar, so there is no need to buy something new. For the placemat, look for something with fall colors and a fall theme such as leaves. For our sample project, a brown and sage placemat covered in the foliage was perfect!
1. Measure the height of the jar.
2. Cut a strip of a place mat to fit the jar.
3. Wrap the piece of placemat around the jar, and add a few drops of hot glue to secure the ends together.
4. Pull the placemat tightly as you secure it so it lays smooth.
5. Take your scissors and trim the edges of the placemat so that it fits the jar well.
Now, just place some dried flowers or even fall branches in the vase. Place it on a mantel or even your desk at work so you can see and feel the colours of fall all season long.
This easy dollar tree DIY is the perfect craft when you want some décor quick. Give it a try and see what you can come up with!