With Summer Around the Corner, It’s time to bring on the Frozen treats! This wonderful little recipe is great for kids ( as they are getting real fruit) and adults ( for health benefits) alike. So the next hot day out – Get ready with some Healthy Popsicles treats, that everyone is sure to love.
Pomegranate Fruit are one of the best healthiest fruits around, as it has one of the most powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits.
Pomegranate seeds are known to help fight against heart attacks and strokes, also it is a fruit that helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Some experts believe they can even help in the fight against depression and osteoporosis.
Fresh Pomegranate Popsicles
- 1- 1/2 cups of Pomegranate seeds (approximately 4 pomegranates) or you can purchase the seeds in bags in your local grocery store.
- 1/4 Cup of sugar (you could also substitute honey, splenda or Stevia if preferred)
- 1/4 Cup of water
- 1 set of 4ct. Popsicle molds (you can find these at Dollar store for only $1.00)
- popsicle sticks (optional)
- #1. Puree the pomegranate seeds, sweetener and water in a food processor or blender for about 30 seconds or until well-blended.
- #2. Pour about ½ C. of the Pomegranate mixture into each popsicle mold (depending on your molds they may hold a little bit more or a little bit less).
- #3. Cover the molds with the lids and freeze 3-4 hours.
- **If you prefer using popsicle sticks as shown in the photos, cover your popsicle mold with plastic wrap and make a small slit directly in the center with a knife and put a popsicle into each mold and freeze.
- *Makes approximately 4 servings. 1 popsicle = 1 serving.