Are you looking for a new way to do up the next batch of cupcakes? How about this sweet-sour delight of Watermelon cupcakes!
This recipe is pretty simple to use with a boxed white cake box! Now with spring around the corner – we can all enjoy the taste of fruit! This cupcake recipe is not only easy to create but will spice things up compared to boring old vanilla/chocolate cupcakes. They also look really pretty when complete.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix your white cake mix as instructed on the box
- Add your watermelon/strawberry additive, I used 3 individual packets ( This not only adds in flavour but will also turn your cupcakes pink.
- Fill your cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes
- Allow cooling completely
- Spread icing on to the top your cupcakes
- Place one watermelon candy on each cupcake
- if using the whole bag of candy – use the excess sugar from the bottom of the bag to spread onto cupcakes