Jun 16, 2020 Join our Private facebook Group!
What is a Price Matching?
Learning how to Price match is a great way to save money with such little effort.
Price Matching is when you use a flyer – it could be paper or now in 2020 a digital flyer to price match any product and pay the advertised price from another store.
For Example if you find Danone yogurt on sale at No frills for $1.99 in a flyer, you then use that flyer to price match at Walmart or Real Canadian Superstore.
What is the purpose of price matching?
To pay the lowest price for your shop all in one store saving you time, money and gas.
How to Price Match
Price matching is an easy way to save money while shopping. Many stores have policies that allow customers to request a price match and get an item at a lower price. Price matching means the store is willing to match the cost of a product from a competitor.
Well, one of the best tips I can give you is to have a PRICE book and to simply remember what a good price is on groceries.
Most flyers can be found on a single mobile application such as Reebe, Flipp, SaveaWhale, Flyerify, or you can check your mailbox for physical paper flyers.
Check out our 6 Most Needed Mobile Apps to Help Save Money on Groceries
Understanding the Price Matching Process
Many stores require you to bring the advertisement from a competitor to do a price match. They will not accept your word or a photo on your phone of an ad. You must have the actual advertisement with you while shopping.
Some stores have started to accept online ads, but you must check each policy to make sure they will take it. There are many retailers that continue to resist online advertisements and demand real, print ads. A Great App is Reebee
Once you have found a competitor that offers the same item at a lower cost and have the ad, you have to present it to the cashiers before they start scanning the products. This will give them time to look at the ads and adjust the price accordingly.
Some stores will allow you to get a price match after you are finished shopping. This is why it is crucial that you save your receipts. If you find an ad with a lower price, you may be able to get a partial refund.
Tips on Price Marching
- Make sure you bring your mobile phone or a calculator so you can multiple 2.2 per kilograms to get the per lb price
- Know your store’s policies including price matching plus coupon policies.
- A Safe Number of a single number is Number 4. So four cans of beans, 4 packages of toilet paper, or 4 kg of Chicken.
- Some stores will allow you to price match the No Name or Store Brand as well. So example PC No Name you can price match at Walmart for their Great Value products.
- Some stores will allow you price match meat and vegetables.
- Make sure you are Price Matching the same Brand, Size, Weight, etc
- Stay Organized as Possible: I usually will put all my price matching in one section of my cart
- You can usually use Coupons with Price Matching items. Double Score!
Offers You can Not Price Match
- Anything that says B1G1 Free
- Advertisement for 20 % off.
- Free with Purchase
All Advertisements must state the Price of the Product or it will not be considered.
Stores that Price Match!
Some of The Stores That will price match: Be sure to check out each of the store’s Policies
- Babies R Us
- Best Buy
- Canadian Tire
- Giant Tiger
- Home Depot
- Home Hardware
- London Drugs
- No Frills
- Real Canadian Superstore
- The Bargain Shop
- The Brick
- Toys R Us