So a few weeks ago, I shared the recipe for Homemade Wonton Cheesesticks. Do y’ all remember those? So good!! So good in fact that I decided to make them again since I still had wonton wrappers to use up! This time though I decided to change them up some & throw in some large deli pepperonis! Then I served them with the marinara sauce on the side for dipping. These were better than the original wonton cheese sticks! Like our own little pizza rolls only soooo much tastier!! If you or your kids love pizza, you should definitely try these out!
Click on any Image to Pin it to Pinterest –
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 4 large deli pepperoni slices, cut in half
- 4 mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut in half
- a small bowl with water – just a tablespoon or two
- oil for frying
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Working one a time, brush the wonton wrapper lightly with water. Wrap a pepperoni half around a piece of the string cheese. Place the wrapped string cheese half in the center of the wonton. Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly up over the cheese, rolling from the bottom until the top of the sheet is reached. Be very gentle in rolling them up so you don’t tear the wonton wrapper. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers & string cheese.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat or a deep fryer.
- Add the wrapped string cheese to the skillet & cook until golden brown and crispy – it only takes a minute or two – if you let it go too long, the cheese could start melting through the wrapper. Transfer the cooked cheesesticks to a paper towel lined plate to drain & slightly cool.
- Serve hot with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping