It’s been awhile since I shared an easy dinner idea with y’all so I decided to share this super easy chicken recipe today! It’s so simple to put together. You just blend up a marinade, let the chicken soak overnight and then bake it. It’s nice enough for a special dinner with company, but also easy enough for those busy weeknights when you still want to get a healthy dinner on the table!
The chicken would be great served with a simple side dish of rice or veggies. I served mine with simple steamed carrots that I tossed in just a small amount of the same teriyaki sauce I used in the marinade for the chicken. And since we’re talking about the ingredients, I went ahead and took a quick pic of what I used for the marinade – the recipe calls for a small mango & since I didn’t feel like chopping one up, I went the easy route & bought some pre cut chunks 🙂Print
- 3 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
for the marinade:
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 container (7 ounces) mango chunks, drained (or 1 small mango cut up)
- 1/2 can (about 7 ounces or 2 peach halves) yellow cling peach halves, drained
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce and marinade
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
for the marinade:
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor. Blend until just smooth. Place the chicken in a large Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade ingredients over the chicken. Seal & refrigerate for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil for easier cleanup. Lightly spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the Ziploc bag & place on the baking dish. Pour the remaining marinade around the chicken. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
Recipe inspired by: Simply, Taralynn