Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is delicious on a sandwich or in a salad, but did you know you can use Hellmann’s Mayonnaise for so much more? Here are 13 uses for Hellmann’s Mayonnaise that you probably never knew about:
13 Uses for Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
1. Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is a manicure lover’s best friend. You can use it for softening your cuticles. The oils in it work great for it. Not only will they soften your cuticles, but you will also find that after a while, it makes your nails stronger.
2. If you have a piano, you will want to remember this trick to perfectly white keys. Just rub a little Hellmann’s Mayonnaise on them, leave on for a few moments and wipe off with a soft microfiber cloth.
3. Try this old school trick to soft hair: Wash your hair as you normally would. While it is still wet, massage some Hellmann’s Mayonnaise into your roots to tips. Cover in a towel and leave in for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Make sure to rinse well to remove all the mayonnaise.
4.Remove price tags and stickers from surfaces with a little bit of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise. Just use an old toothbrush with some mayonnaise on it and gently work it into the sticky residue. Wipe off with a wet cloth.
5. Get rid of dry skin winter blues. Mix some Hellmann’s Mayonnaise and kosher salt together. Use it as a scrub to exfoliate your elbows, knees, and feet. The mayonnaise will moisturize and the salt will slough off dead skin. Finish off with some lotion.
6. Remove crayon from walls. The oil in Hellmann’s Mayonnaise will get rid of any waxy residue from little artists on your walls.
7. Help make old wooden furniture look shiny and new by using Hellmann’s Mayonnaise as a buffer and a shine. Just scoop a small amount onto a soft cloth and rub it in, using circular motions.
8. If you have plants that have normally shiny leaves, you can get them back this way by gently applying a coat of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise. Not only will they be more appealing to look at, but the mayonnaise will actually make your plants healthier over time.
9. Hellmann’s Mayonnaise works great as a bug and tar remover. If you park your car under a tree and have sap on your car’s exterior, just rub a little mayonnaise on it to gently remove.
10. Use Hellmann’s Mayonnaise for polishing silver. Just rub in with a soft cloth and rinse off to reveal shiny, beautiful place settings.
11. No one likes to talk about it, but lice can be a real issue you face, especially if you have kids in school. One remedy is to use a heavy coating of mayonnaise on the head and cover it with a plastic wrap overnight. Wash out thoroughly in the morning.
12. If you have a problem with swelling hands and rings getting stuck, try adding a bit of mayo to the situation to remove the ring with ease.
13. Just as you do for your stuck-on jewelry, use Hellmann’s Mayonnaise to quiet the squeak of a noisy hinge on a door or window.