There are far more than ten uses for Listerine mouthwash, but starting with 10 is a great way to find other purposes as you go. Rather than being overwhelmed with information, you’ll begin to see how and why Listerine might work in areas other than the ones listed here.
10 Uses for Listerine Mouthwash
1. Clean your toothbrush. Your toothbrush needs replaced every six months and cleaned in between. Give it a good soak for about 20 minutes to remove the same germs it removes from your teeth.
2. Reduce foot odour. Try swabbing your feet with a Listerine soaked cotton ball to reduce odour. You can also clean your shoe or spritz the inside of it.
3. Wipe away, mould and mildew. Set aside some of your mouthwash for cleaning. Dip an old toothbrush in the cleaner and use it to wipe off mould and mildew that accumulates on your caulk around the shower.
4. Keep the mosquitoes away. If you’re looking for a good mosquito spray, try Listerine mouthwash. You already use it in your mouth, so you know it isn’t harmful to your body. The little pests have an interest in the smell of taste of this mouthwash so that they will avoid you, and you can avoid using costly chemicals.
5. Deodorize your body. Are you out of deodorant or just looking to replace your current methods? Try wiping some mouthwash in your armpits to replace your existing deodorant or to get your through an emergency day without it.
6. Use as an acne treatment. Listerine already kills the germs in your mouth. Why not put it to work on your face as well? Dab on the infected area to kill the bacteria and keep them from spreading.
7. Wash away dandruff. Listerine kills the fungus that causes dandruff. Treat yourself to a 20-minute hair soak in this mouthwash if you want to stop scratching the flakes away.
8. Get rid of fleas. Mix some Listerine with your shampoo to wash your dogs and rid them of fleas. You can also use this mouthwash for preventative maintenance by mixing it with water and using it as a flea spray for your dog. You won’t have to worry about your dog getting poisoned by chemicals if they lick this treatment off!
9. Reduce garbage disposal odour. If your garbage disposal is starting to smell, try sharing some mouthwash with it. Simply pour in about a cup of Listerine and let it sit until you use your disposal again.
10. Pamper your feet. Mix a cup of Listerine mouthwash with a cup of vinegar and 2 cups of water. Soak your feet in the solution for about 20 minutes. It softens the skin and allows the hard edges to be easily pumiced off.
- Save on Beauty Products with Coupons
- Uses for Pantene Conditioner
- Uses for Always Panty Liners
- Uses for NailPolish
As you find more uses for Listerine mouthwash, be sure to write them down so you can use them as you need them. This mouthwash is great for killing germs, odour and also works well as an anti-fungal.