With Mothers Day Around the corner – Perhaps you and your children can create yummy cupcakes for Grandma or another special lady in your life. These are homemade cupcakes and not boxed as well as a recipe for the icing.
Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 Cup of Soft butter
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Large eggs (room temp)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a large separate mixing bowl, beat the butter then combine the sugar, vanilla and almond extract until combined
- Then simply add the egg whites, and eggs (one at a time, beating well after each addition)
- Alternate, the flour mixture and buttermilk to butter mixture, beating on low speed until everything is well mixed together
- Fill the cupcake pan liners 2/3 with cake batter
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before frosting
Now for the Icing
- 2 sticks butter (room temp)
- 4-5 cups Icing sugar
- 4 tbsp Maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on high speed until stiff and fluffy.
- Add 3 cups of icing sugar, one at a time.
- Scrape the sides to get all of the sugar.
- Simply add the cherry juice and almond extract.
- Add the last cup of sugar
- Then Beat till Smooth