One of the best things about the Holiday season is the baking & the cookies!! I adore all of the cookie exchanges and love trying out new recipes! One of mine & my father-in-law’s favourite candies are Turtles, so I decided to take those same yummy candy flavours and put them in a cookie form, perfect for gifting!
Pin it for LaterPrint
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 large egg, separated, plus 1 additional egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 pound pecans, finely chopped
- 18 chocolate covered caramel candies (ex Rolos), unwrapped
Prepare the Cookies:
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg yolk, milk, and vanilla; mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture until just combined.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator & chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Place chopped pecans in another bowl. Roll chilled dough into 1-inch balls, dip in egg whites, and then roll in pecans. Place balls into the cups of a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set, about 12 minutes.
- Once the cookies are removed from the oven, immediately press 1 chocolate covered caramel candy into the center of the cookie cup. Let cool for about 10 minutes in the muffin tin & then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the caramel drizzle:
- Cuisine: Desserts