Homemade gifts are so fun to create and give as they show the recipient how much they mean to you.
Homemade gifts are also great because you can typically make them for much less than it costs to buy a store gift.
If you want to make a homemade gift for someone you love this holiday, give this simple DIY No Sew Heat Pad a try. That’s right, no sewing is involved and you can make it from all dollar store supplies.
It is the perfect gift to cuddle up with on a cold and wintry day when you need some warmth. Take a look!
Dollar Store DIY: No Sew Heat Pad
- Heavy Sock
- Dry Rice
- Drinking glass
- Essential oil (optional)
We were able to find all of the above items except the oil (which is optional) at our local dollar store. If you want to add fragrance to your heat pad, you can find essential oils at most retail shops and health food stores.
1. Begin by folding the opening of your sock over a glass as shown.
This will keep the mouth open and make it easier to pour the rice in. Pretty nifty, right?
2. Once the sock is in place, start pouring rice in. Keep pouring until it is about ½ way full.
3. Add several drops of fragrant oil into the sock if you wish.
4. Remove the sock and shuffle it so the rice is in the middle of the sock and a few inches are left on each end.
5. Tie the ends closed with ribbon. Tie TIGHTLY and double knot to keep the sock closed and rice secure.
Your heat pad is all ready for use! You can attach an instructional card if you wish, instructing the recipient to heat the pad in the microwave for 30 seconds to heat it up. They can then snuggle with it on a cold day or even place it on sore muscles.
This is an easy and inexpensive DIY gift that you should give a try today. It is so easy to make, and even easier to enjoy.