Folger coffee grounds can be used for a variety of things you may never have thought of. One of the things that are particularly great about Folger coffee grounds specifically is that they come with a container that can be reused as well, with or without the grounds.
10 Practical Uses for Coffee Grounds
1. Compost. Folger coffee grounds are great for composting. Since you can use the original container they came in for a small compost bin for the kitchen, this is probably the most convenient use for them.
2. Pest Deterrent. Some pests just don’t like the taste or smell of coffee grounds. Sprinkle them around the perimeter of the house to keep ants and other pests away.
3. Natural dye. Just like coffee will stain your clothes, the old grounds can be soaked in hot water to stain other clothes naturally.
4. Wood Filler. Make a paste with water and grounds to fill in small holes and scratches. Even if the grounds don’t stay, they will darken the scratch to make it less noticeable.
5. Odor Neutralizer. Use Folgers coffee grounds in the refrigerator like you would baking soda, setting them in a dish on a shelf to absorb odors.
6. Increase acidity. Acid-loving plants thrive when you mix coffee grounds into their soil.
7. Antique. If you have something you want to have an antique finish on, make a wash with hot water and coffee grounds. Either soak the item in the wash or spread the wash on the item. This works especially well on paper.
8. Exfoliate. Folgers coffee grounds can be used to exfoliate your skin without being abrasive. Simply rub the coffee grounds on the area to be exfoliated and then rinse them off.
9. Scour. You can scour your pots and pans with coffee grounds. Instead of buying a scouring agent, just put some coffee grounds on your dishcloth or sprinkle them in the dish that needs scouring. Rub them into the dish until it’s clean. Rinse well.
10. Dampen dust. As you clean your fireplace, sprinkle damp coffee ground on the ashes. Not only will this help cut down on the dust from that ashes, it eliminates the separate step you need to take to add the grounds to compost. Just add the ashes with the grounds already in them.
Folgers coffee grounds have tons of uses. The one thing you don’t want to do is rinse your coffee grounds down your sink if you have a septic system. Though they compost naturally with other organic materials, they don’t dissolve so easily in the septic tank. Why would you want to waste something you can use anyhow?
Coffee Savings for Canada
Folgers Coffee Canada Coupon (Printable/Mail)
Tim Hortons Coupon Save $5.00 off
25 Awesome Folgers Coffee Recipes
Free decorative labels for your Folgers cans
10 Practical Uses for Coffee Filters