Earth Day April 22, 2019
Today is Earth Day
What are you doing to take care of our planet?
I believe that if each one of us does just a few simple things, this world we are living in will be a better place to live, and also leave for future generations.
Tips To Use Less Plastic
- Stop chewing gum. Gum is made of a synthetic rubber(which we know as plastic)
- Buy boxes instead of bottles. Most people purchase laundry detergent in a bottle rather than a box. The next time you need laundry detergent why not buy a box because it is much easier to recycle.
- Buy food like rice, cereal, and pasta in bulk. Then fill a reusable container to save on packaging.
- Use matches instead of disposable plastic lighters or invests in a refillable metal lighter.
- Stay away from buying frozen food because their packaging consists mostly of plastic.
- If you do purchase plastic containers for berries, tomatoes, or other fruits and vegetables you can ask your local grocer to take them back and refill for you on your next purchase.
- Use cloth baby diapers.
- Pack your lunch in reusable containers and bags.
- Stop using plastic straws, even in restaurants.
- Use a reusable produce bag.
- If you order beverages from a fast food place like Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, etc be sure to bring your own reusable cup.
- You can even bring your own container for restaurant leftovers. This will help you stay away from those styrofoam takeaway trays.
- Pack a litter-free lunch
What are some ways you reduce your plastic use?
Let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.